Having a record of your call history is very essential in our mobile phones, as it shows us a history of every call we received on our phones whether it is saved as a contact or not.
In this article, we will be discussing iPhone call history recovery free tools to help us recover our lost or deleted call history. Most times we tend to search for contacts on our call history that aren’t saved to our phone’s contact, this could be difficult if we accidentally deleted our call history or perhaps formatted our phone. This is one of the reasons we may need an iPhone call history recovery-free tool.
Sometimes, iPhone calls log/history needs to be checked for a missed call or the phone number that hasn’t been created as a new contact. Also, call history can be used as important evidence in a court case according to incoming or outgoing call records, date, and duration. It may cause inconvenience when your call logs get deleted or lost.
iPhone Call History Recovery Free
In this article, we are going to be discussing the various methods and steps for iPhone call history recovery free tools
- Recover Deleted Call History on iPhone without Backup
- Retrieve Deleted Call Logs from iTunes Backup
- Retrieve Deleted Call History from iCloud Backup
- Selectively recover deleted call history on your iPhone
- Selectively find deleted calls on iPhone
Recover Deleted Call History on iPhone without Backup
When you find there is no backup available after mistakenly deleting the call log, it’s a source of frustration. In this case, some powerful iPhone data recovery apps can give you a chance to restore deleted iPhone call logs without backup.
Gihosoft Free iPhone Recovery is an almighty data recovery software for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. With it, you can freely retrieve deleted call logs on your iPhone without backup. Also, it provides a much easier way to extract call history from iTunes backup without restoring your device. Besides call history, it can recover contacts, messages, WhatsApp, Viber, photos, notes, and more data on your iPhone/iPad with or without backup. This program is fully compatible with the latest iPhone models and iOS or iPadOS versions.
Steps to Retrieve Deleted Call Logs on iPhone without Backup:
- Step 1: Launch free iPhone Recovery tool, check the “Call History”, and then click “Next”.
- Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer. Once your device is detected by the program, click “Next” to scan your iPhone.
- Step 3: After scanning, preview the scan results, select the call logs you need, and then click “Recover” to save them onto your computer.
Note: Before iPhone call history recovery, remember to turn on airplane mode in case that new incoming calls overwrite the old records on iPhone.
Retrieve Deleted Call Logs from iTunes Backup
If you have backed up your iPhone with iTunes recently, that is to say, the latest iTunes backup file contains the deleted call logs. Then, restoring backup from iTunes is another good bet for iPhone call history recovery-free.
It deserves special mention that this way will replace all your iPhone data with the old data in iTunes. Think twice before you do! Maybe the deleted call history is not included in the backup. It’s recommended that you use Gihosoft Free iPhone Recovery to view files in the backup and confirm that the call logs you deleted are there.
Here’s How to Restore Deleted Call History from iTunes Backup:
- Step 1: Open iTunes on your computer. If you are using a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder.
- Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable. Then select your device when it appears in the iTunes or Finder.
- Step 3: Click on “Restore Backup”, choose the backup file that you want to restore from, and then click “Restore” to confirm.
Alternatively, you can use Gihosoft Free iPhone Recovery to export the call history you need from your iTunes backup If you’ve downloaded the tool.
Retrieve Deleted Call History from iCloud Backup
In case you don’t have an iTunes backup, you can go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup on your iPhone and check if you have an iCloud backup available. As restoring from an iCloud backup requires erasing all data and settings from your iPhone, so please check the date and time of the last successful backup carefully to make sure the backup contains the deleted call history. Also, remember to backup some valuable data newly generated on your iPhone.
The biggest advantage of restoring from iCloud is that you don’t need to use a computer and USB cable, which is more convenient than the first two methods.
Here’s how to Recover Call History on iPhone without Computer:
- Step 1: On your iPhone, navigate to Settings > General > Reset and tap “Erase All Content and Settings”. Then wait for your iPhone to erase.
- Step 2: When your iPhone restart, follow the on-screen setup instructions to reach the App & Data screen.
- Step 3: Tap on “Restore from iCloud Backup”, sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and passcode, then choose a backup you need to restore.
- Step 4: Wait for the restore process to complete.
Selectively Recover Deleted Calls History iPhone
Selective recovery provides more significant benefits for those who are seeking to retrieve only a few contacts or the essential calls from history. The significant advantage is that there will be no overwritten of the current history. It means that users have the choice to select from previous history or an existing history. The answer to how to retrieve call history on iPhone is by using iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery, which helps by scanning the iTunes backup files.
Step 1: Launch the software by clicking the icon from the desktop. From the primary screen of this iPhone call history recovery program, choose the “Recover from iTunes” option. The option allows one to select an iTunes backup file and extract contents. The advantage is that the software helps in detecting the backup files present on the computer with ease. It will display the same on the screen. Upon showing the devices backup file/files, one can select one according to the order and press the “Scan” button.
Step 2: The scanning will take a while depending on the size. Upon completing, the best free iPhone data recovery software will show the contents arranged in an organized manner according to their respective file formats. From the tree directory present to the left side of the window, one can choose the call history option to allow the recover deleted call history iPhone utility to show the history details in the center pane. From the files displayed, one can begin marking according to the need and press the “Recover” button. The software will ask for a location to save the data. It is advisable to choose a location on the computer to avoid further loss.
Selectively Find Deleted Calls on iPhone
If users are backing up content to their iCloud account, the answer to how to retrieve deleted call history on the iPhone is simple using iBeesoft iPhone call recovery tool. The advantage is that iCloud is accessible from any computer and anywhere. Therefore, users can quickly get the lost call log if they do not have access to their personal computer where they stored iTunes backup.
- From the retrieve deleted phone calls application primary window, choose “Recover from iCloud” option. In the same window, users have to log in to their iCloud account. The software does not store the login details. It only extracts the iCloud backup files after the sign-in is successful.
- The software will show the iCloud backup. One can select the recent or preferred file and press the “Scan” button to begin the download of the content.
- After the download is complete, the program will extract the files and displays the same. It arranges them according to the file format. Users can quickly select “Call History” from the left window and look at the contents in the center pane. One can mark the needed files from the same and press the “Recover” button to save them to a location on the computer.
Thank you for reading through this article, we have seen that the Gihosoft free iPhone recovery tool can really come in handy as an iPhone call history recovery free tool when it comes to retrieving your lost iPhone call history.
However, the overwritten data are unrecoverable no matter how powerful the data recovery software you use. So it’s important to backup your iPhone data regularly to ensure that you don’t need to go through the stress of using an iPhone call history recovery-free tool.