In this article, we’ll be discussing different ways how to transfer music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes as well as letting you in on how to sync music to your iPhone using iTunes.
To freely enjoy music whenever you want and wherever you go, you will need to transfer music from the computer to a more handy device, like the iPhone in your hands.
In this article, we will like to introduce three effective ways how to transfer music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes, with which you will be able to sync music to your iPhone from Mac effortlessly.
After reading this article, you will learn the four major ways we’ve listed below on how to transfer music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes as well as with iTunes alike. Apply one of them to transfer songs from Mac to your iPhone immediately.
Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone Without iTunes using File Transfer software
When it comes to data sharing between your Mac and your iOS device, you can surely use iTunes to get things done. However, iTunes will cause data loss on your iPhone by replacing the existing content with the newly synced items. It’s no exception when you transfer music from Mac to iPhone. Given that, many users prefer to sync music to iPhone without using iTunes.
Steps to transfer music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone to the Mac with a USB cable and tap “Trust This Computer” on your device if you are asked > Run EaseUS MobiMover for Mac > Choose “Mac to Phone” on the main screen > Click “Select Files” to continue.
- Select the music files saved on your Mac, like MP3, and click “Open” to continue.
- Check the selected items and click “Transfer” to start moving MP3 files from your Mac to your iPhone or iPad. When the process is done, open the Music app on your iPhone or iPad to check the transferred items.
Other than music, EaseUS MobiMover also supports photos, videos, contacts, audiobooks, contacts, and other file types on your iPhone or iPad. Whether you want to transfer photos from Mac to iPad or transfer files from PC to iPad, it will also help. Download it now and apply it to sync music to your iPhone, safely and quickly.
How to Copy Music from Mac to iPhone via Finder
If your Mac is running the latest macOS Catalina, there will be no iTunes anymore. Instead, Finder now works to sync data and back up your devices. With Finder, you are able to sync the following files from Mac to your iPhone or iPad:
Albums, songs, playlists, movies, TV shows, podcasts, books, audiobooks, Photos and videos, Contacts, and calendars
Steps to sync music from Mac to iPhone with Finder:
- Connect your iPhone to the Mac with a USB cable and open Finder.
- Unlock your iPhone and trust the computer. If asked, enter your iPhone password to continue.
- In the Finder window, click your device under the “Locations” section and select the “Music” tab.
- Check the option “Sync music onto [your iPhone name]” and select what to sync, “Entire music library” or “Selected artists, albums, genres, and playlists”.
- Make sure the songs you want to copy are selected and then click “Apply” to start transferring music from Mac to your iPhone.
How to Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone with Cloud Services
Cloud services like Google Play Music, Dropbox, and Amazon Music also enable you to transfer music from Mac to iPhone by syncing.
These cloud-based music streaming services not only help to sync your data across your devices but also allow you to enjoy songs without downloading the items, and thus save your iPhone storage. Of course, you can download music to your iPhone to listen to it offline.
In this guide we will be using the Dropbox cloud service as an example, this is to say we will be guiding you on how to transfer music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes using Dropbox.
Steps to sync music to iPhone from Mac with Dropbox:
- Download and install Dropbox on your
computer and iPhone.
- Sign in to Dropbox with the same account on your devices.
- Upload the songs from the computer to Dropbox.
- Go to Dropbox on your iPhone and you will see the items you uploaded.
- Download music from your Mac to your iPhone according to your needs.
How to Sync Music from Mac to iPhone via iTunes
iTunes is Apple’s official way to back up the iOS device and sync data from Mac to iPhone/iPad. If you don’t mind the files on your iPhone being replaced by the songs that will be downloaded to your iPhone, using iTunes could be a choice for you.
If you have added the songs you want to transfer to the iTunes library, follow the steps below directly. If not, there is one more step for you before you start: In iTunes, go to “File” > “Add File to Library” to add the items you’d like to sync to iTunes.
Steps to download music from Mac to iPhone with iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac and run iTunes if it doesn’t launch automatically.
- In iTunes, click the device icon. If your iPhone can’t connect to iTunes or is not showing up in iTunes, you need to solve the problem before you continue.
- Choose “Music” from the left side panel and click the checkbox next to “Sync Music”.
- Select the items you want to transfer from Mac to your iPhone, “Entire music library” or “Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres”. If you choose the latter, you need to further select the specific items to copy.
- Afterward, click “Sync” to start adding music from your Mac to your iPhone using iTunes. When it has done, you can check the songs on your iPhone music library.
Other Ways of Transferring Music To Your iPhone
In addition to how to transfer music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes, there are other ways for you to put music on your iPhone. You can download music on your iPhone directly from the iTunes Store or subscribe to Apple Music.
You can also transfer music from one iPhone to another to enrich your iPhone music library. For more details, refer to the guide on how to download music onto iPhone.
Nevertheless, these are the common ways how to transfer music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes. If you have subscribed to Apple Music, you don’t need to perform the data transfer and your music from Mac will be synced to your iDevice automatically.