Whenever you block a mobile phone number or contact on your iPhone, we often find that the messages that are sent or received won’t be delivered. This brings us to a position where we need to know how to see blocked messages on iPhone.
Most times we may have mistakenly blocked contact or there may be an urgent reason to view messages sent by a blocked contact. This may prove to be a difficult task to handle, but not to worry we’ve got you covered as we will be going through how to see deleted messages on iPhone.
However, most times we have to restrict certain numbers from texting or calling us, it could be due to a personal reason or may be due to inconvenience caused by the caller or maybe because we don’t need any more disturbing messages from that number. Apple offers easy ways to block phone numbers, contacts, and email on iOS devices as well as unblock these contacts. However, it is not the case whenever it comes to how to see blocked messages on iPhone.
How To See Blocked Messages on iPhone 2022
This article is going to cover the following:
- Retrieve Blocked Messages on iPhone
- How to Block a contact or mobile phone number on iPhone
- How to Unblock a contact or mobile phone number on iPhone
- Steps to Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone
Retrieve Blocked Messages on iPhone
Is it possible to retrieve blocked messages on your iPhone? Unfortunately, the answer is NO. When you block a phone number or contact from messaging you on iPhone, there is no blocked folder for storing the messages from the blocked numbers just like on an Android phone. In such a case, you won’t be able to see the messages that were sent while the number is blocked. You will not be able to know how to see blocked messages on iPhone, the only option is to unblock the number and ask the contact to resend the text messages. Keep going through this article to find out how you can block and unblock contacts on your iPhone.
Of course, you can remove the number from the block list to start receiving messages again. But, it is impossible to view or retrieve blocked messages on your iPhone. However, if you want to retrieve deleted text messages from your iPhone before blocking the number, you can do it easily with the help of third-party free Phone data recovery software.
Nevertheless, if you are searching for how to see blocked messages on your iPhone, it’s ongoing to prove to be a waste of time. There is no data recovery software that can help you get back blocked messages from your iPhone. Fortunately, there are many programs available to recover deleted text messages on iPhone before you blocked a number, which we will be discussing in this article and Gihosoft Free iPhone Data Recovery is one of the best choices. We will also be covering how to block and unblock contacts or mobile phone numbers on your iPhone. This is to ensure that your search is not going to be totally useless.
How to Block a Contact Or Mobile Phone Number on iPhone
There are various reasons for blocking a number or contact on an iPhone. Whatever your reason, you can follow the steps below to block someone from bothering you:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on Messages, Phone or FaceTime.
- Scroll down and tap on “Blocked”, then tap on the “Add New” button.
- Now choose the contact that you would like to block and tap on “Done” to complete the process.
How to Unblock a Contact or Mobile Phone Number on iPhone
If, for some reason, you mistakenly blocked someone on your iPhone, don’t despair, you can easily unblock the number or contact. Here is how to do that:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on Phone.
- Scroll down and tap on “Blocked Contacts”, here you will find the list of all blocked numbers on your iPhone.
- Choose the contact that you want to unblock and tap on “Edit”, then click on the minus sign and tap “Unblock” to remove the number from the list of your blocked contact.
Steps to Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone
As we mentioned above, there is no way to retrieve blocked messages on iPhone. But with the help of a third-party data recovery tool, you’re able to recover deleted text messages from your iPhone before you blocked the number. Gihosoft Free iPhone Data Recovery is a simple-to-use yet professional tool to recover deleted files from iPhone, including text messages, contacts, call history, photos, videos, WhatsApp, notes, voice memos, voicemail, Safari history, and much more. The freeware works well on all iOS versions and iOS devices, including iOS 13/12/11 and iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone XS/XS Max/XR, iPhone X/8/7/6s/6, iPad Pro, etc.
To recover deleted text messages on iPhone, download and install Gihosoft iPhone Recovery software on your computer, and then follow these simple steps below:
- Step 1: Launch Gihosoft Free iPhone Text Message Recovery software after the installation, choose “Messages” and any other types of data you want to recover, and then click on “Next” to continue.
- Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable and wait for the program to automatically detect it. Once the device is recognized, click on “Next” to begin scanning it for deleted files.
- Step 3: When the scanning is completed, all recoverable files will be displayed by file types. You can preview messages in detail and choose the conversation you want to retrieve, then click “Recover” to save them to your computer.
When the recovery process is finished, the program will prompt you to open the exported folder where all the recovered files are saved. Look for the file “index.html” and open it to view all text data conveniently. You can also print text messages if you want to.
Note: Gihosoft Free iPhone Recovery software also supports extracting and recovering deleted text messages from iTunes/iCloud backup, provided you have one. If your iPhone is lost or stolen and you have backed up the device with iTunes or iCloud before, you can skip the device connection step and click on “View iTunes Backup” or “View iCloud Backup” to selectively retriever messages and any other data of your choice.
The best option to see blocked messages on iPhone is to unblock the number and ask the contact to resend the text messages. I am convinced that if you went through this article thoroughly any questions about how to see blocked messages on iPhone must have been answered.