There are many reasons that you may want to know how to get into a locked iPhone without a password. I am going to list some of the scenarios here in this article.
Most times it may be that you bought a fairly used iPhone that has the passcode of the previous owner, perhaps you forgot the iPhone passcode, or maybe your iPhone is disabled or locked, most times it could be that your iPhone is suffering severe damage and needs a factory restore.
Having known the reason for resetting an iPhone, we can now proceed on how to get into a locked iPhone without a password.
Given below is a list of different methods on how you can get into a locked iPhone without a password, which we will be discussing in this article giving you a step by step guide of each method;
One-Click to Factory Reset iPhone Without Passcode
The first method we will be discussing in this article on how to get into a locked iPhone without a password is the one-click factory reset method, the only problem being that this method erases your phone data. If you’ve got your iPhone data backed up using iTunes or iCloud you shouldn’t have an issue with this method.
If you forgot your iPhone passcode or iPhone is disabled after entering the wrong passcode too many times, you can use an iPhone passcode unlocker tool, Tenorshare 4uKey to bypass the iPhone passcode and factory reset iPhone without iTunes. It will do an iPhone factory reset without a passcode in these simple steps.
- Connect your locked/disabled iPhone to the computer and open 4uKey. Click the Start button on the main interface.
- 4uKey will instruct you to download the latest firmware package.
- With the downloaded firmware package, this iPhone passcode unlocker will start removing the passcode from your iPhone/iPad. After the password removal, your iPhone will be restarted and you will be greeted by the classic “Hello” screen.
Having learned how to factory reset iPhone without passcode or iTunes, some users may also have the need to factory reset iPhone with iTunes or iCloud. We will also introduce them, but I think the above method is the best way to factory reset the iPhone without a password.
How to Reset iPhone Without Password Through iTunes
How to Factory reset iPhone 7 without password? You can also factory reset your iPhone through iTunes but it requires that you have synced your iPhone with iTunes before. Please back up your iPhone beforehand because all data will be wiped out after a factory reset.
- Connect iPhone to computer and open iTunes.
- In the Summary, tab, click the “Restore iPhone” option and then “Restore” in the popup confirmation window.
- Wait for the process to complete and you can access to iPhone without the passcode. After restoring, you can click Restore Backup in iTunes to restore the iPhone from the latest backup file.
How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password through iCloud
You can also remotely erase your iPhone without a password. Please note that the password means an iPhone screen lock password instead of an iCloud password. This method requires that you have enabled Find My iPhone in your device and also remember the Apple ID password. If not, please skip to the other methods in this post.
- Go to icloud.com in your computer browser and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click Find My iPhone and hit “All Devices” at the top of your browser window. The iPhone that you need to reset should be listed. Click on it and tap on the “Erase iPhone option”. This will erase the iPhone passcode and all data.
If you forgot your Apple ID password, Tenorshare 4MeKey can also help you, you can still reset your iPhone without an Apple ID password.
Get into Locked iPhone Without Passcode or Computer with Siri
The best and most effective on how to get into a locked iPhone without a password is by using Siri, the only limitation being that this method only works for iPhone X, XS, and XR. Siri allows you to access your locked iPhone without needing an Apple ID and even, without using a computer. On top of that, it won’t erase your existing iPhone data.
But it still has some limits. One is that it only works on devices running iOS 8.0 to iOS 13. Another is that it doesn’t always succeed. The process of this option is complex, now you can follow the instructions to do it.
To unlock iPhone without passcode using Siri:
- Long press your home button to active Siri on your locked iPhone.
- Ask for the “What’s the time now?” Then, Siri will display the local time.
- Once the clock icon appeared, click it.
- Then, you will see a menu of the World Clock with some small icons as the following picture shows.
- Click on the plus sign in the upper right corner.
- A search box will appear, type any characters in the search box, and ‘Select All’ these characters.
- Next, you will be displayed with several options, just tap on “Share” to continue.
- Select the Message app.
- A new message window will appear, tap any character in the “To” file, and tap “return” from your keyboard.
- Wait for a while and press the Home button, and then your iPhone will be unlocked.
You can also create a voice command on your iPhone, which allows you to use Siri to unlock your iPhone when you forget the password. The way is different from the one we mentioned above.
In conclusion, if you’ve gone through this article thoroughly, you will be able to get into any locked iPhone without a password, given that you follow whatever method you choose step by step. That’s all about how to get into a locked iPhone without a password, we hope this was useful to you