Are you looking for information on how to find deleted safari history and How do you find deleted history on iPhone? The answer to this is yes and this might just be easier than you thought.
Most time you may need to review our browser history probably to review your research only to find out that your iPhone Safari browser history has been cleared.
These those not require any data recovery software and we can even recover our browser history from iCloud backup. This is why it is important to regularly backup your data. In this article, we will be reviewing a step to step guide on the different methods on how do you find deleted history on iPhone.
It is convenient to access the Internet with the built-in Safari on iOS devices. Like other web browsers, Safari for iOS stores the browsing history inside the bookmarks and makes it easy to re-visit the pages when left off.
Some of the reasons you need to check deleted history on iPhone or iPad may include:
- To ensure your teenage son is visiting healthy websites;
- See what your partner is viewing, or call up the web pages you previously visited.
How To Find Deleted Safari History
In this article, we will be answering the question “how do you find deleted history on iPhone? ” by discussing 5 different ways to find your deleted safari history on your iPhone;
View Deleted Safari History in iPhone/iPad Settings Directly
There is a little trick to check the deleted website domain name of Safari history. This is a very good way to Know how you can find deleted history on iPhone safari. It is important to note that this won’t work if the users clear out their cookies, data, and cache or they use incognito mode while browsing.
- Go to “Settings” on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
- Scroll down the list and locate “Safari”, then tap on it.
- Go to the bottom and click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Click on ‘Website Data’ in the next section to view some of the deleted browser histories that is listed there.
Recover Deleted Safari History on iPhone/iPad without Backup
If you have cleared your Safari history and there is no available backup in iCloud or iTunes, don’t worry, you can rely on third-party data recovery tools to get back the data. Gihosoft Free iPhone Recovery is such a useful utility that allows you to find and recover deleted history on iPhone/iPad directly without backup.
You are allowed to preview and selectively retrieve the deleted Safari history of your choice. Not only Safari history, it also enables you to recover deleted notes, Voicemail, contacts, text messages, WhatsApp, Viber, and much more data. Your Safari history will be exported and saved in an HTML file, and you can easily print your iPhone/iPad history/bookmarks on your computer.
Steps to find & recover deleted Safari history on iPhone or iPad:
- Step 1: Download & run the iPhone Safari History Recovery tool and select “Safari Bookmark” in the start screen, then click on “Next”.
- Step 2: Connect iPhone/iPad to computer via a USB cable. Once the device has been detected, click “Next” to begin scanning for deleted bookmarks and cleared browsing history.
- Step 3: When the scan is complete, you can view and check the deleted history/bookmarks on iPhone or iPad with a detailed Title and URL. Choose those you need and click on “Recover”.
Restore iPhone Safari History/Bookmarks from iCloud Web
iCloud allows you to sync and store data with your iPhone/iPad, including Safari bookmarks/history. Supposed that you’ve merged your Safari data with iCloud before, it can be easy to restore deleted or lost Safari bookmarks as well as history from iCloud. You can only restore the bookmarks if they are deleted within the last 30 days.
- Step 1: Sign in to iCloud Settings: https://www.icloud.com/#settings.
- Step 2: Scroll down and click “Restore Bookmarks” under the Advanced.
- Step 3: Select an archive of bookmarks to restore and click “Restore” again in the new information popup.
Check & Recover Safari History on iPhone Using iCloud Backup
If you have backed up your iPhone to iCloud before, it is also possible to check deleted Safari history by restoring the iPhone from iCloud backup. However, this requires you to erase all existing data on the device to complete the recovery task. Follow these simple steps below
- Step 1: On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and choose “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Step 2: Follow the setup steps and choose “Restore from iCloud Backup” in the “Apps & Data” screen.
- Step 3: Sign in to iCloud and choose a backup that contains your deleted Safari history to restore the device.
Find & Recover Safari History on iPhone Using iTunes Backup
If you are fortunate enough to have a backup of your iPhone in iTunes, you can restore the device from iTunes backup to find the deleted Safari history. Same as restoring from iCloud backup, you will lose any data added to your iPhone since the last backup. Here’s how to do it.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable and open iTunes. If you are on a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder.
- Step 2: Click on the iPhone icon when it appears in the iTunes or Finder, and then select “Restore Backup”.
- Step 3: Choose the backup file that contains your deleted history, then click on “Restore” and wait for the restore to complete.
Restoring your data through iTunes/iCloud backup will wipe everything on your device, and no one will want to wipe his or her device just to restore their safari browser history. With this being said it is important to note that the Gihosoft free iPhone recovery software is the best choice to avoid wiping your data. This professional tool not only allows you to recover deleted Safari history from iPhone directly but also lets you access, view, and extract data from iTunes/iCloud backup. This is not only a way on how do you find deleted history on iPhone but also helps you recover this history to your phone.
If you read through this amazing article we’ve introduced 5 possible solutions to help answer the question “how do you find deleted history on iPhone safari”.
You can try the different methods in this article to know which one best works for you. To further give you a solution on “how do you find you deleted history on iPhone”, you can also try the Gihosoft free iPhone recovery software.